Thursday 25 March 2010

Julia Pott

I have had an animal-related-music-filled past two saturday nights.

First, Grizzly Bear and Beach House at Camden Round House.

Second, a bizzare suprise gig from Adam Ant at the Southwark Playhouse.

I was going to write up something about the gigs, but when I was looking for a picture of a grizzly bear I remembered the illustrator Julia Pott, who's work I know from art fairs in Norwich. I looked her up and the entire body of her work is incredible.




She draws many lovely animals and people. I absolutely love her use of line. And then on top of that, Julia Pott may be one of the most productive people around. Visuals for Bat for Lashes, The Decemberists, animations, a vast array of printed matter for sale...





Watch more cool animation and creative cartoons at Aniboom

That is a lovely animation. I love the idea of using interviews as the subject matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment